One Challenge Global Research Team
Vision Statement: The body of Christ in unity bringing God’s transforming love and hope to all people.
Strategy Statement: We ask how God is at work, then assist the body of Christ to bring God’s transformation to lives, communities, and nations.
Purposes of Position: To serve the emerging church as a catalyst in mobilizing believers for more effective outreach and discipleship through Internet surveying and Internet communication. To communicate information to help motivate them in their obedience to the Great Commission. To help the Global Research Team remain on the cutting edge of Internet and security technologies and to use that knowledge to ensure secure dissemination of research results and strategic information to Church leaders that will assist them in developing their church planting and missions plans.
Location and Time Commitment: Location and time commitment are flexible. Although this position is intended to be a full time position, this position could be part time or on a volunteer basis. Those interested are encouraged to discuss possibilities with the Global Research Team.
- Develop and maintain a secure, web environment for on-line databases of strategic information
- Create an attractive and secure web environment for the dissemination of strategic information among key leaders. Include public areas for access to general information.
- Assist efforts to gather information through on-line surveys and questionnaires.
- Provide Internet assistance to team members who need to distribute training and other materials in a secure manner.
- Represent OC in strategic partnerships that deal with the use of the Internet for the furtherance of Kingdom purposes and participate as appropriate.
- Maintain secure Intranet for internal documents, team management, etc.
Qualifications: Knowledge of Internet and information security and web programming skills. A desire to learn and apply innovative technologies and be constantly studying to keep up with the latest changes in security and information handling. Self-motivated, life-long learner, strategic thinker.
Supervisor: The Director of the Global Research Team
Working Conditions: To minister effectively as part of the Global Research Team in a positive, relational, cross-cultural setting, with the availability for international travel.